The Darkness of the Womb

The Darkness of the Womb

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review: Quake

QuakeQuake by Lisa Arrington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Quake takes awhile to get started, but once the "quakes" start happening, the story really picks up. One thing that's really cool about this book is that it takes normal characters-this time every day teenagers--and throws them into the abnormal. I really like Ali. She's a likeable character and her reactions seem realistic when the strange events start occurring. I also like the thrill of the chase this story gives you. What I don't like is the multiple perspectives. There are too many. I would have actually preferred if this story was first-person and told from only Ali's perspective.

Even so, the book is enjoyable and I highly recommend it. The end has a really cool twist and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Give it a read. Ms. Arrington has something here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment