The Darkness of the Womb

The Darkness of the Womb

Friday, November 8, 2013

Review of In The Beginning

In the BeginningIn the Beginning by Abby L. Vandiver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"God Help Us." Those three words carry this interesting historical thriller to a fascinating conclusion that makes me want to read more from this debut author. In the beginning of "In the Beginning" (See what I did there?), I was all set for something akin to "The Da Vinci Code", which I didn't like. But Ms. Vandiver gives the reader something completely different, mixing in some sci-fi elements that really set it apart from most religious historical fiction novels. Sure, it's a bit too long, and some of the characters didn't interest me at all, but it all wraps up satisfyingly and I definitely recommend it to anybody who wants a good yarn. Give it a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment