Wednesday, July 16, 2014
1. Your story, “Tomorrow Never Comes” is quite short. Why the decision to keep it so compact?
I wanted readers to get acquainted with my writing ASAP. This story was the perfect solution. The story I’m currently working on will be longer; thus, taking months to complete.
2. Your story tackles a lot of family issues. If you don't mind disclosing, is there anything biographical in this book?
My grandmother, who gave me this idea, was in an abusive marriage. She also was from Alabama. However, Marlena’s story isn’t a biographical account of her life.
3. Otis is a really interesting character. What was your inspiration for him?
I had a close relative who was abusive. However, this isn’t a biographical account of his abusive actions.
4. What do you want readers to take from your story?
Although you’re entitled to live your life as you wish, the decisions you make – if they’re wrong - can have a negative impact on your family … forever. Therefore, before you jump into a situation, think it through thoroughly.
5. What genre would you categorize your book under and why? Women’s fiction.
6. What else do you have coming out the pipeline? Are you going to continue with some of these characters, or are you moving on to new ones?
I’m moving on to another story. In fact, I’m already working on it. It’s entitled “Her Married Lover.” This one will be about a single, lonely mother dating a married man. The twist is when the adulterer’s depressed wife finds out about their affair, the wrath of hell breaks loose.
Links: Blog: http://authorpamelajones.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorpamelajones Twitter: https://twitter.com/authorpamjones YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AuthorPamelaJones Amazon Author Central: amazon.com/author/pamelajones