The Darkness of the Womb

The Darkness of the Womb

Monday, January 20, 2014

Review: EPIC: Legacy

EPIC: LegacyEPIC: Legacy by Justin Osborne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I usually don't like reading books on my phone, but Justin Osborne's EPIC: Legacy, hit all the right notes and was easy to read (It doesn't hurt that the text is big and well-suited for my Android phone). The story concerns a very scary prospect-What if men started just disappearing into thin air? What transpires is a grand epic starring a likeable protagonist named Deacon who has the kind of spunk and kindess you find in the best kinds of heroes. And he needs it for the adventure he goes on once he enters the Faerie world, Avalon, which is impressive in its scope and character. If I have one complaint, and it's a very small one, it's that the quotation marks are a little off early on, making it kind of jarring for awhile. But story-wise, character-wise, and pacing-wise, you really can't beat EPIC: Legacy. I'm going to pick up the next one to see Deacon's next adventure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment