The Darkness of the Womb

The Darkness of the Womb

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Book Review: A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

(NO SPOILERS!)

Wow, and I mean wow! While the first book is still my favorite as it truly immersed me into the world of Game of Thrones, I'd be hard-pressed not to know why most people consider this book to be their favorite. I mean, so much goes on in it. And major things, too. Big deaths, big changes, and a gonzo ending that makes me wonder where the hell this story is going next. I mean, as I said before, WOW upon WOW! It's such a great book.

That said, it does get really slow at parts, namely in the Bran and Arya sections. I really couldn't care less about their tales in this book, and they're long, especially Arya's. If you watch The Game of Thrones show, you'll know what a big role she plays in this book. For a majority of it, she travels, but she seems to be running in place. By the end, you're upset by her journey. It really didn't seem to be worth it. Bran is much the same way. You really feel that his quest is traction-less. But the rest of the characters have much to be valued and explored here, especially Jaime, who was probably my favorite character in this book since his change is the greatest of them all.

Overall, I think book 3 is better than book 2, but not as good as book 1. But you still have to read it. It's too good not to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment